In today’s digital realm, credit card fraud has become a highly sophisticated enterprise. Hackers and other malicious users are so adept at stealing and using stolen credit card information, you could find yourself up on charges of credit card fraud before you even knew an investigation was taking place. Many innocent victims get caught up in charges of credit card fraud due to the actions of hackers.
Attorney Jeff Manciagli is an experienced lawyer in Atlanta with the skills and expertise to defend your rights if you find yourself being charged with credit card fraud and malicious wrongdoing. But before you need a great legal defense, apply some smart protections to how you handle your credit cards and online business.
Habits to Protect Your Private Information
Online security experts recommend taking the following actions to protect your private information from being stolen by hackers and malicious actors.
- Keep up with all banking activity through mobile banking alerts.
- Monitor your accounts online, at least once a day.
- Only use your credit card or check card in well-known areas, ATMs or with human cashiers.
- Use a digital mobile wallet when making purchases to avoid skimming risks.
- Do not share your card or banking information over the phone, via email or messaging or through any other suspicious communication.
- Avoid using public computers to check email, banking or to make purchases.
- Avoid transactions with unfamiliar online vendors.
- Install robust antivirus software on your devices.
- Avoid clicking on links or downloads from unknown sources.
If you think your information has been compromised, notify your financial institutions and local law enforcement agencies at once. Also, contact the major credit bureaus — Equifax, Experian and TransUnion — and ask them to set up a fraud alert on your credit reports.
Protect Yourself from Criminal Prosecution
If you even suspect that you are under investigation for credit card fraud, or your accounts have been hacked, contact the offices of Attorney Jeff Manciagli in Atlanta, GA. We can provide sound legal advice to guide you, and protect you against wrongful prosecution. Call us immediately at 404-642-9080 to schedule your free initial consultation.
Posted on behalf of
66 Lenox Pointe NE, Building #66
Atlanta, GA 30324
Phone: (404) 642-9080
Monday & Tuesday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM